CSIR Study Materials UGC NET CSIR FAQ
UGC NET /SLET Paper I Revised
SUBJECT CODE: 00
SUB: GENERAL PAPER ON TEACHING AND RESEARCH APTITUDE
I. Teaching Aptitude
1. Which of the following is the main objective of teaching?
(a) To give information related to the syllabus.
(b) To develop thinking power of students.
(c) To dictate notes to students.
(d) To prepare students to pass the examination.
2. Which one of the following is a good method of teaching?
(a) Lecture and Dictation
(b) Seminar and Project
(c) Seminar and Dictation
(d) Dictation and Assignment
3. Teacher uses teaching aids for
(a) Making teaching interesting.
(b) Making teaching within understanding level of students.
(c) Making students attentive.
(d) The sake of its use.
4. effectiveness of teaching depends on
(a) Qualification of teacher.
(b) Personality of teacher.
(c) Handwriting of teacher.
(d) Subject understanding of teacher.
5. Which of the following is not characteristic of a good question paper?
(c) No use of vague words
II. Research Aptitude
1. A researcher is generally expected to:
(a) Study the existing literature in a field
(b) Generate new principles and theories
(c) Synthesize the ideas given by others
(d) Evaluate the findings of a study
2. One of the essential characteristic of research is:
3. The Government of India conducts Census after every 10 years. The medthod of research used in this process is:
(a) Case study
4. An academic association assembled at one place to discuss the progress of its work and future plans. Such an assembly is known as a
5. An investigator studied the census data for a given area and prepared a write-up based on them. Such a write-up is called:
(a) Research paper
(d) Research report
Want some information on Research related topics? Visit: