Planning a Conference or Seminar
Every year there are a countless number of seminars and conferences going on for a number of purposes and it never seems to occur to those who attend that someone had to organize and arrange that seminar or conference so that it would run so smoothly.
The average conference or seminar is generally hosted by a busy person that is trying to balance the hosting of the conference/seminar with their regular jobs. That can be a very taxing thing to try to do. That is why this guide was created.
This will be your comprehensive guide to planning a successful conference or seminar. I know that it can be very difficult to try and balance organization duties with your job. That is why it is important to have a step-by-step guide on hand to help you to make your seminar or conference a success.
For many people that have these duties to do, it can be a matter of maintaining a job or getting that much coveted promotion.
In this guide, you will have to:
1. Make the final confirmation of selected speakers with committee.
2. Contact speakers to request participation.
3. Send follow-up letters to confirm speaker commitment, program agenda, title and description of session.
4. Request speakers' biographies.
5. Prepare descriptions of the speakers' profiles for program and promotional material.
6. Send letter to confirm the exact wording to appear in the program description.
7. Request and prepare photocopies of handout materials, required A/V equipment, room setup, travel, and accommodations.
8. Contact a resource person just prior to conference for last-minute arrangements.
On the Evening of the Event You must:
Inspect room arrangements, equipment, and handouts.
Meet with speakers to introduce fellow committee members or resource people; escort speakers to rooms, meals, etc.
Be available for speakers' requests at all times. Thank them for their participation.
For the ever necessary follow-up:
Send thank you letters to resource people and speakers.
Complete a program planning report which includes an evaluation of resource people and seminar topics.
Cover all of the expenses etc. from planning the event
This guide will help you so that you can plan the best event possible.
If you utilize the tips mentioned here that will guide you step by step, you will be able to host the most successful event of the year. Let’s get right to it then!